Mardi Himal Trek is one of the shortest treks in the Annapurna region of Nepal that will take you to the deep jungles and high alpine forest along the Annapurna ranges. This short trek is popular among the one who has a busy lifestyle and is new to high altitude trekking.
It is a new route opened to the Annapurna Region and is suitable for the ones who want to have a quiet trekking experience and want to escape the crowded treks of the Annapurna. Mardi Himal trek can be done within a week which will give you an opportunity to explore the snowy peaks and small Nepali villages of the Annapurna region.
This trek is an easy to moderate level trekking destination in Nepal due to which it is doable in every season. You may not have a difficult time when trekking to the Mardi Himal. However, to have the best trekking experience, Autumn and Spring are the most preferred time of the year for Mardi Himal Trek.
High Camp Adventure will provide you with proper details and facilities related to your Mardi Himal Trek. Join us to explore the unexplored region of the Annapurna and to make your journey to the Mardi Himal incredible.
Highlights of the Mardi Himal Trek
- Spectacular view of the mountain ranges such as Mount Annapurna, Mount Machhapuchhre and Mardi Himal itself.
- Exploring the socio-cultural lifestyle of the people living in the Annapurna region.
- An ideal choice for the ones who want to escape the busy lanes of the Annapurna region.
- Trekking up to the Mardi Base Camp that sits at an altitude of 3580 meters.
Best Time for Mardi Himal Trek
Like the other areas in Nepal, Mardi Himal Trek faces four seasons namely, Autumn, Spring, Summer and Winter. All these seasons fall under different months and have various weather and climatic variations. Let us discuss the best time of the year for Mardi Himal Trek.
1. Autumn Season
Autumn is the best time of the year for Mardi Himal Trek. Autumn falls in the month of September, October, and November. It is one of the peak seasons for trekking in Nepal. Autumn is the post-monsoon period due to which the surrounding of Annapurna region becomes clear because of the summer rainfall. So, the visibility of the mountain ranges and the scenic beauty of the region seems to be spectacular.
Weather and Temperature during Mardi Himal Trek in Autumn
The weather and temperature during the Mardi Himal trek are around 20-degree Celsius in the daytime and at the night the temperature of the region may fall to 10 degrees. You may not expect rainfall during this season except for the early September. So, trails to the Mardi Himal may not be wet and muddy during the autumn season.
Since the weather and temperature of the Annapurna region are favorable, you may not have to carry a lot of warm clothes with you. A minimum number of clothes will suffice.
Pros of Mardi Himal Trek in Autumn
- The temperature of the region is neither too hot nor too cold which is just perfect for Mardi Himal Trek.
- Because autumn is the post-monsoon season, there is less chance of rainfall except for the early September.
Cons of Mardi Himal Trek in Autumn
- Autumn is one of the peak times of the year for Mardi Himal Trek. You may see many trekkers along the way to the Mardi Himal during autumn. So, for the ones who love to trek in solitude, this season may not be a choice for you.
If you are planning your mardi himal trek, do not hesitage to contact us.
2. Spring Season
Spring is the second-best time of the year for Mardi Himal Trekking. It falls in the month of March, April, and May. During spring, various plants grow and flowers such as rhododendron bloom. It is the time of the year where the surrounding becomes green and fresh. You can smell the fragrance of different flowers as you trek to the Mardi Himal during this month. The beauty of wild flora and fauna reaches to its maximum height in this season. It is the pre-monsoon period so the skies are usually clear in this season which will give you a clearer view of the mountains.
You can find plenty of teahouses and restaurants along the trails to the Mardi Himal during Spring. So, if you plan on trekking to the Mardi Himal in Spring, you do not have to worry about your food and accommodation. The teahouses will provide you with proper facilities.
Weather and Temperature during Spring
The daytime temperature of the Annapurna region may range between 17 - 20 degrees during the spring season. At night, the temperature may range from 0- 5 degrees. You might also expect some light rainfall during late May. So, check the weather forecast before you leave for trekking. Because of the warm and humid weather condition during this season, you may not have to carry very bulky clothes.
Pros of Mardi Himal Trek in Spring
- Proper teahouse and accommodation facilities as you can find plenty of lodges during this season.
- Perfect weather and temperature for an incredible trekking experience.
Cons of Mardi Himal Trek in Spring
- Some rainfall in the month of May.
- The teahouses and lodges may get pack because spring is one of the peak seasons for trekking. So, it is recommended to book early.
3. Summer Season
Summer season falls in the month of June, July, and August in Nepal. These are the hottest months in the Annapurna region. This season can also be known as the monsoon season as it rains almost every day. due to the monsoon rain, the route to the Mardi Himal is usually muddy and slippery. You might have to face some difficulties reaching the Mardi Himal Base Camp because of the wet and slippery way.
Although the paths become wet, the natural beauty of the Annapurna region looks magnificent after the rain. You will be able to capture some spectacular views of the mountain ranges. Summer is one of the least preferred time of the year for trekking to Mardi Himal. However, with appropriate trekking gears and rain gears, you will have a good trekking experience to the Mardi Himal.
Weather and Temperature during Summer
The weather and temperature of the Annapurna Region during summer range from 10 degrees- 23 degrees during the daytime. It is very suitable for trekking. At night, the temperature of the place may range between 10-15 degrees. But, the only problem you have to face is the monsoon rain. It is one of the reasons why people usually don't trek to Mardi Himal during summer.
Pros of Mardi Himal Trek in Summer
- A limited number of people trekking to the Mardi Himal during Summer. So, you have a peaceful trek.
- You do not have to worry about the teahouses and accommodation facilities as the lodges may not be crowded.
Cons of Mardi Himal trek in Summer
- Your trek might get interrupted because of the monsoon rain.
- You may have some difficulty in walking in the muddy and slippery trails.
If you are planning your mardi himal trek, do not hesitage to contact us.
4. Winter Season
Winter season falls in the month of December, January, and February in Nepal. During the winter season, most of the paths may be covered with snow along the way to the Mardi Himal. The surrounding becomes very dry and cold during this season. Because of this, most of the tourists do not prefer trekking to the Mardi Himal in Winter. However, the scenic beauty of the region and the snow-covered mountains of the Annapurna region looks breathtaking.
The teahouses and lodges in the Annapurna region may not be pack during the winter season. Due to this, you may not have difficulty in finding the perfect hotel for you.
The weather and temperature during Winter
The weather and temperature of the Annapurna region become chilly in the winter season. The average daytime temperature of the region ranges from 9- 12 degrees in Winter. And at night the temperature may also fall to -5 degrees. Most of the places of the Annapurna region are covered with snow. So, because of this, you may face some difficulty while walking in the area covered with snow.
Pros of Mardi Himal trek in Winter
- Winter trek to the Mardi Himal is peaceful as there is a smaller number of trekkers trekking to the Mardi Himal.
- The skies are almost clear in all the months in winter. So, you can take beautiful pictures of the scenic beauty of the region.
- Plenty of choices for teahouses and lodges.
Cons of Mardi Himal Trek in Winter
- You have to carry bulky trekking clothes for Mardi Himal trek in Winter.
- You may have some difficulty while walking at a cold temperature.
Mardi Himal Trek is doable by everyone; from a beginner to an experienced trekker. While trekking to the Mardi Himal, you may not have to face difficulties as the paths are very safe. You need no ice picks and ropes in this trek. If you are someone who is used to walking 5-6 hours a day, this trek can easily be completed. From the weather and temperature of different reasons mentioned above, you can choose your best time for Mardi Himal Trek.
High Camp Adventures is equipped with proper representatives who will come to receive you from the Tribhuvan International Airport and also drop you for your final departure. So, if you have any questions regarding this trip contact us.